On Friday, at 5:27 PM, a full assignment was dispatched to the Avalon Green Apartment Complex, off Taxter Road, for a reported dryer fire.
Responding units were met by the occupant of the ground floor apartment, who was waiting for them in front of her address.
She described the nature of the fire in the laundry room, that she had closed the door to the room as well as the overhead garage door, prior to calling 911 for assistance.
The fire, which was confined to the washer and dryer, was quickly extinguished, as a result of the occupant’s proper handling of the situation.
This quick thinking resident did a terrific job, under stressful circumstances, for which she should be commended.